WHAT WE DO
We help business to business and consumer-focused food companies:
- Develop new product concepts and take them to market
- Evaluate and redesign production processes to increase efficiency
- Transform underutilized or waste resources into value-added products
- Re-engineer food production systems from micro to macro levels
HOW WE DO IT
We work collaboratively with our clients through a tested engagement model.
HOW TO ENGAGE
We actively evaluate new client opportunities and partnerships. We typically work on a project basis with terms that may include project fees and a licensing or royalty structure.
Maxime Bilet, Founder
Erica Chriss, CEO
RECENT CLIENT ENGAGEMENTS
Re-imagining “Farm to Table”
- A Canadian organic farm with a limited growing season engaged us to create new revenue streams by transforming fresh ingredients on-site into value-added products they could market year round.
- We evaluated their operations, designed an on-site production facility, and created formulations and processes to produce new signature packaged food products.
- Our engagement involved extensive R&D, staff training, and site visits.
Turning Waste into a Delicacy
- A seafood processing company wanted to find alternative uses for previously discarded fish parts.
- Drawing on our library of intellectual property, we developed and tested techniques to transform salmon ‘waste’ into a unique, locally produced bottarga to be sold to restaurant kitchens and high-end retail establishments.
Enlarging the Coffee Experience
- A Fortune 500 Company was looking for new ideas to differentiate the planned international opening of a brand new consumer retail experience focused on all things coffee.
- We led multiple face to face ideation meetings to generate concepts for new consumer experiences focused on coffee.
Based on these engagements, we developed detailed plans for the design of menu items, physical spaces, and consumer experiences.
Modern Restaurant In-a-box
- An investment group in China planned to open a restaurant chain focused on creating uniquely and consistently delicious food at Michelin-star levels at an affordable price point.
- We created a complete restaurant menu focused on creating consistent and easily replicable food that utilized modernist methods, reduced waste, and was easily scalable.
Inspiring the Home Cook
- A manufacture of premium kitchen appliances needed to build a new market with consumer versions of the latest restaurant technology.
- We worked with the client to evaluate their consumer equipment, brainstorm novel in-home uses, and created documentation and recipes aimed at the ambitious home cook.
Our technical expertise is broad, but several areas of focus may be of particular interest:
- We have developed breakthrough fermentation process to improve control and dramatically accelerate production time for wide variety of fermented food and beverages.
- Formulated plant-based menus.
- Developed a new process to create a coffee-based beverage that tastes better and last longer in the bottle.